Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5: Binkies and Balloons

Hazel turned 3 a couple weeks ago and she has gotten more and more verbal. This has made her attachment to her binkie pretty dramatic. I got it in my head that 3 years old would be the magic number to get rid of it, but really hate the idea of tainting the actual birthday and Christmas that comes 5 days later. Two weeks ago I got really tempted and cut the tips off a few, but family came into town and we didn't have the guts to stick with it. Tonight, we went ALL in! I read some advice online and we really liked some of the ideas of packing up all the binkies and sending them to new babies or the binkie fairy takes them to the babies. One comment said she attached the binkies to helium balloons and sent them the the babies in heaven and it hit a note. I went and got balloons and here is how it went:


She was so enthusiastic as it was going on, but we were nervous for bedtime. She said she wanted her binkie, but we talked about it a lot and asked her if someone took her binkie or she gave it away and she told about how she gave it to the babies and it will make them happy. She went to sleep by 9:30, here's to hoping that she sleeps well the rest of the night and naps tomorrow! I think we'll have a lot of activity filled days so she is so exhausted she just passes out.

2 comments:

Carol said...

What an ADORABLE idea! Lucky babies in heaven to get those (uhmmmm) used but well-loved binkies!

Mandy said...

hahahahaha that's awesome! Treson was looking over my shoulder while I was watching this, and he said "I want to do that Mommy, I want to make the babies happy!"