Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 1: January 1, 2012

Not sure I dare do this, but I want to challenge myself to do a post a day. It may not always be clever on long, but it will be my version of journalist and keeping updated photos of my family and adventures.

Goals for 2012:
1. Write/post a pic daily on here
2. Dip below my pre baby weight before Desi turns 1 so I feel smoking hot for our 5 year anniversary trip this August
3. Push myself spiritually

This last week most of our family has been horribly sick with the stomachs flu. We thought it had gone and hazel and I had escaped it's evil grasp, until we were 10 minutes into our 2 hour drive home from my parents and it caught up with Hazel. Feel free to use or not use your imagination on that one but I will leave it there. That means our new year was rung in with loud fireworks outside and me sleeping soundly in my bed completely oblivious. Brandon told me we can go on a date this weekend and celebrate and make out at midnight. Sounds great to me. With all of our sickness and staying at my parents and extra few days we opted out of attending church today, instead we listened to a talk by Elder Uchtdorf (yes! I spelled it right on my first guess!!) and taught Hazel a lesson out of the sunbeam manual called "I am thankful for animals". It was adorable, she knew every animal, their color and sound they made when applicable. (If anyone could fill me in on what noise a giraffe makes I would greatly appreciate it.) we then each chose an animal to act out and brandon was a bunny, I was a doggy, and hazel was a lion, Desmond was napping happily. We talked about Noah and where eggs and chicken nuggets come from. Hazel is in denial and refused to believe it. Haha. She is cool with sweaters coming from lambs though. Then colored in a bunch of animal images I printed off (thank you google image search) and assembled them on this sheet in the pic. It was sweet and amazing and so nice to have some quiet family time for a few minutes.

1 comment:

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

I love seeing updates on your blog! I feel more connected to your awesome family! You've been having a great time! And your kids are adorable!