Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 3: January 3, 2012

Today we had the pleasure of going to dinner at the Nugent's house. Spencer and Jen had us over and we got to see their gorgeous almost entirely custom interior. It got my brain going about all of the options and possibilities out there. It's not very often we come across another couple that are both designers as well. We got a full tour and I wish I took pictures, but they don't do it justice. Spencer's says Jen dreams it up and he just builds it. Sounds like a great deal to me! In our house we have a rule that I will cook anything if Brandon does the dishes and it has worked well for us so far. We enjoyed what I think was filet mignon, if not, it was the most magnificent non fillet mignon I've ever tasted cooked perfectly. Before we came, spencer actually asked "do you like steak?", um YES! Then we hatted and the kids played, mostly with hazel enjoying being the big kid at the house, Oli (their adorable 10 month old) looking at her with google eyes and showing off his mad dance moves, and Desmond setting new records with his crawling speed. We got to talking about the vibrams that spencer was wearing and he not only let me try on a pair that were too small for him, but let me keep them! He tried to claim it was to avoid a return trip to the post office, but I don't mind the reason, they are fantastic and I've been curious about them for years. I think I shall go for a little run tomorrow in them and see if they help my shin splints. See! Aren't they fabulous!

1 comment:

Beccarigg said...

Oh man, you're going to have to tell me how you like them! I've been thinking about getting some minimalist shoes since I read born to run but I've been worried about the Vibrams because I can't stand having stuff between my toes. I'll be interested to see how they work for you!

p.s. loving the new blog devotion! awesome!!