Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4: the adventures continue...

When we came home from the park hazel went right into her coloring and I fixed a healthy lunch for Brandon and I of quinoa, grilled chicken, and zucchini and hazel had some chicken nuggets with zucchini. Then she said "I be a pirate!" and I realizes she was remembering Eliza's party from last week where we all wore hankies on our head and played games. I played along and got two bandanas and we each put one on. I often think about doing some version of home preschool and try to think of crafts that go along with whatever she is excited about that day, so we decided to color and fold paper boats and take them out for a maiden voyage in the fountain in my parents backyard. She kept going "arg!" and "eye matey!" it was cracking me up. Look closely at her flag and see if you can find the H she drew and her version of skull and cross bones. You'll notice in the pics desi is standing on his own and crawls like a crazy man.

I got hazel some abc magnets at the grocery store to put on the fridge, but the magnets don't even work. She could care less and got so excited to find the H for her, the L for me, the B for Brandon, and then got stumped by the D for Desmond. She then on her own, grouped them like this, I swear, she surprises me daily with how smart she is!

No comments: