Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 19: lemons and night terrors

I had des on my lap at the end of dinner and we had fish for dinner, so naturally there were a few half used lemon wedges on the table. I finished y plate and went to sit him down so I could help with dishes only to see him slurping on a lemon wedge. Yes, he really is his mother's son! If you didn't know before now, I am obsessed with citrus; lemon pepper, sunshine carrts, key lime pie, orange juice, straight lemons and the list goes on, they are all some of my favorite things! So glad my little man will be able to share in my love of citrus!

I had heard of night terrors before, but no one told me how horrifying they are. I mean the name implies that, but I thought it would terrify child, not the parent too. It is so sad and scary. Hazel just screams at the top of her lungs but it totally asleep. I tried to cuddle her and she ran away in the pitch black to hide behind a couch...for almost 10 minutes. She screamed then whimpered especially if we ever tried to talk to her, then I just forced myself in and held her in a big hug and she calmed down. She is now on the floor of our room and we are working on getting Desmond back to sleep. I thought we were in the clear when I got her to laugh at her monsters last night and imagine them doing silly things. Apparently "the sandwich monster" standing on his head is a pretty hilarious mental image. Oh the joys of parenting....

No comments: