Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 44: moving and missing

I have this overwhelming feeling of gratitude to Sarah and the whole Griffin family for sharing their home, toys, food, laundry detergent...etc (the list could continue for DAYS!) for the last five months. At the same time, I am excited to move, to start a new chapter, to walk around in my underwear, and to have a steady income. I long to give my kids some structure, heck I want the structure myself, BUT I love it here. I love that I can snuggle my nieces and nephews all the time, I love that I get to chat with my sister 12 times a day rather than once every two weeks, I love that Brandon has someone to work out with and make man jokes together, I love watching desi's older cousins just fall all over him they live him so much. It really has been amazing! I don't know how we made it 5 months with such a small level of drama.

I think I just got a little emotional tonight as we were packing and Blythe asked us where we were going. The picture of blythe and hazel was a random pose on a bathroom chair as they were both like "sissies!!". It's adorable! I snuck in the kitchen tonight and made the boys (sterling and harrison) fancy valentine lunches with 5 different heart shaped things and poems to go with their applesauce and carrots. How often do aunts get to do cute things like that? I cherish these little moments, because it makes the crazy moments balance out. Love you guys! Happy valentines day!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

You are a delightful wife, fabulous mother and a terrific aunt. Simply put: You are AMAZING!