Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 35: feeling old

Today I held my baby girl in my arms and rocked her while I sang her "love at home". Only these days her legs wrap all the way around me and while sitting on my lap she can still put her head on my shoulder. She does ballet, dances, sings all the words to twinkle twinkle and abcs, can get dressed on her own, but she always wants me to "hold her" when we go down stairs. Not a piggy back ride or holding hands, she wants a full on hug and to be carried down. I have occasional (often) moments when I think that her 41" is a bit tall or 38 pounds is more comfortable piggy back style, but today it hit me, this isn't going to last. In no time she will not want to snuggle like that or for me to hold her. So I snuck an extra long hug and got a little choked up. My tiny little girl is seeming less tiny by the day. I love seeing the little girl she is becoming and feel intense pride as she is polite or out of the blue hugs her brother and says I love you. Those moments are amazing, but I hope and pray that she will still snuggle me and want me when she is scared for a little longer. I love you sweet bug!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hazel-bug -- keep snuggling!!!!!

Carol said...

Hazel-bug!!!!!!! Keep snuggling, and make the world a better place for each precious hug!