Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 42: feeding the duckies!

Today I took Hazel, Desmond, and Ezra to go feed the ducks at this little canal around the corner from our house. The ducks were quite friendly, but didn't seem to have any fear of humans so I had the kids stay in the stroller. They made it through an entire loaf of bread, which might have more to do with Hazel and Desmond being more interested in feeding themselves than the birds. It was a nice little walk/run and I got to try out my vibram 5fingers again. I love those shoes!

There was also an attempted jog this morning, but when attempting to multitask, bringing a 3 year old to a track and getting 3 miles in just doesn't work. Instead we played a little soccer (hazel is actually quite a kicker) and I got maybe 1.5 miles in. Oh well, better than nothing I suppose.

Here are the kids with the ducks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkLv3jKWSFk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments: