Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 43: the way to a man's heart is through his stomach

My dad always told me the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I think this has to do with the fancy from scratch carrot cake with cream cheese frosting my mom brought on her first date with my dad when she wasn't even asked to bring anything. A carrot cake to make even the anti carrot cake people huge fans. I took my mom's lead and made roasted potatoes and pecan crusted salmon (thanks Lydia for that recipe!) only 4 days after starting to date Brandon and considering he told me he loved me a mere week later, I would say my dad was right on. Almost daily and especially on holidays I attempt to win his heart all over again. Today I watched the kids and had warm molten chocolate cake (i'll post the recipe soon) ready for him when he woke up from a 2 hour nap. Happy Valentines day my handsome prince!! It's a little different than pre kids, but watching kids so a 2 hour nap is possible is now one of the most appreciated romantic gestures. I also made Indian food including homemade samosas, then for a late evening snack (molten lava cake was dinner :) i threw together tri tip quesadillas, salad, and fresh guac. I only got pics of the molten cake, but give Brandon gooey chocolate and anything with avocados and he is putty in my hands. Man I love him!!

P.s. I do realize I'm tooting my own horn a little today, but I got gushing appreciation, so I'm really just echoing his sentiments.

No comments: