Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 72: to grandmothers (aka mam-mas) house we go!

Earlier today flew with the kids on a spontaneous trip to visit my mother in law, Carol, in Utah. We got to talking last week about her upcoming play and how much my kids are changing and growing up and she decided for my birthday, we should come for a visit!! Have I mentioned how much I love birthdays?!

We wanted to have some kind of church today so we ended up at the Oakland temple (as I was flying out of that airport) and as we arrived we learned there was one Sacrament Meeting about to start for the...wait for it...Tongan ward. We debated and then just went for it. We enjoyed some beautiful songs and got to partake of the Sacrament, then wandered the temple grounds where we took a few of these pics. The kids loved spending a few extra minutes with daddy!

By the time we got all checked in and on the plane I had worn hazel down with a traditional moving walk way marathon where she jogs in circles until she is exhausted. We got a whole row so I buckled both kids in and they must win some kind of award for being so sweet. Hazel giggled and played doodle jump and desi flirted with the ladies behind us. Then they got to see mam-ma and give big hugs before passing out in the car. I would say, a very successful travel day! I can't wait for tomorrows adventures'

No comments: