Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 71: and the festivities continue

Yesterday Brandon took me out for a night on the town in Healdsburg. Now, for us these days and night out consists of wandering and sampling the local food. We had late reservations and so we got appetizers at "the worst" and split a habanero sausage dog and fancy sweet potato fries. They had truffle aioli and the owner was about the sweetest lady we'd ever met and the fried were on the house as soon as she learned it was my birthday. We then wandered and shared a peppermint hot chocolate and eventually ate at Scopa. It was the best Italian I have ever experienced and I have been to Boston's north end several times among other places. We enjoyed a mozzarella plate with pepper jelly and sardines that made me second guess my preconceived notions of them. I loved it! When we got back my mom and dad had the kids both asleep and this beautiful dessert just tempting me. It was sooo delicious! We stayed up far too late and loved it.

Today we headed west to the beach by way of this fantastic lunch place with polenta out of this world! The beach here is stunning and I can't wait to go camping once it warms a little. Overall fantastic birthday weekend! Tomorrow I am headed to Utah so the festivities can keep going!

No comments: