Thursday, February 11, 2010

how did my little baby turn 1 ?

I'm still amazed that Hazel is 1
I was informed in a babycenter email I receive shortly after her birthday
that she is now a toddler
what!? I thought that didn't come until at least 18 months
oh well, she almost walks and is into everything
and I love every minute of it!

A few updates on Hazel:
-she does a ton of sign language, things like more, eat, drink, bye-bye, attempts the i love you sign, toilet, and all done
-she goes potty in her mini toilet on a regular basis, but we are not really training yet, but she'll often go two or three times a day if we are around home
-she LOVES playing guitar with daddy
-she has gone full swing of not ever letting me hold her to the point where she'll get in moods where she really just wants a good cuddle
-she still will go to other people without much of a problem and hangs out at friends houses regularly
-her hair is long and curly, and i have no idea where that came from. Remember, long is relative, but for a one year old, she has quite a bit of hair!
-she totally adores books and i often find her in her bedroom climbed up on the big arm chair, just flipping through the books
-she has started to dance recently and will wiggle and shake to most any music
I don't think we'd ever given her ice cream before her brownie ice cream pie
she was shocked at first, then loved it!
iI love the company Boon, they make her high chair(not pictured as we were in CA) and I just love their designs
I broke down and finally got her the sippy, bowl that sticks to the counter, and fancy utensils that are supposed to help her learn to feed herself


I love her! we have so much fun!

4 comments:

Greg and Blythe said...

She is so stinking cute!! I love the look on her face when eating the ice cream :)

Carol said...

Why do we force children to eat ice cream, anyway???? Oh yeah... because WE love it! I love these pictures!!!!! Love you all, and thanks for the update!

orangemily said...

So fun to hear what she is up to, she is such a cutie!

Kate said...

I LOVE Boon!